Shashanka Nanda is a widely published photographer and filmmaker whose works have been featured in prominent Indian and international publications. Having picked up his skills over the years in the field, his subjects include wildlife, astro-photography and railways. Some of his recent work has been published in
- Chasing Big Cats of India – Telegraph
- Battle Between Lapwings and Monitor Lizard – The Hindustan Times
- Snow Leopards and Plastic Pollution – Atlas Obscura
- Night Skies of the Himalayas – Scroll
- Narrow Gauge Railways of India – Mint
- Book Review – Indian Express
In addition, he is an administrator of the IRFCA – the largest online resource on the Indian Railways. His work on the Indian Railways has been featured in many books, documentaries and films, including the Oscar nominated film ‘The Lion’.
- Strangers In My Sleeper – Peter Riordan
- The Purveyors of Destiny : A Cultural Biography of the Indian Railways – Arup K. Chatterjee
- Travels of a Nomad – Shashanka Nanda
He has also been featured in many news articles and appeared as an expert commentator on news channels.